Simon Cookson MNCS Accred. MBACP | Counselling & REWIND Technique
Welcome to my profile. I am a qualified Person Centred counsellor working from a a holistic and complimentary clinic in Skipton town centre.
I offer both short and long term counselling depending on your needs. I also work with the REWIND Technique, a non-intrusive, safe and highly effective method for trauma, PTSD and phobia.
As a Person Centred counsellor I believe you are the expert of yourself and that you have the ability to make changes and become more self-aware, if you are provided with the right conditions and the right support.
During our sessions I will not be telling you what you should and shouldn't do. I will give you the space you need to explore what you choose, at your own pace and when you feel that you are ready.
Contact me to arrange that first session to see how counselling may be able to help you. During our first, no obligation session you have the opportunity to see how I work and if I am the right counsellor for you.
More about the REWIND Technique
This is also known as the fast trauma, PTSD and phobia cure. It allows a person to unhook negative emotions attached to a real or perceived experience. It is performed on a person when in a state of deep relaxation.
The REWIND Technique more often than not takes anywhere between 1 -3 sessions initially.
More about me
Prior to becoming a counsellor I worked for many years dealing with and supporting victims of crime. I also delivered training to Police Officers both locally and Nationally.
I am non-judgemental, I listen to what you have to say and accept you for what and who you are.
Qualifications and registrations
- Diploma in Person Centred Counselling (2016)
Training Institute: Discovery Counselling & Training Services as accredited by NCS
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies (2014)
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills (2014)
- Level 2 Award in Introduction to Counselling Skills (2013)
Training Institute: CPCAB
- Certificate in Education (Cert.Ed.) (2001)
Training Institute: University of Huddersfield
Human Givens Trainings - 5 day trainings (2017 - 2018):
- REWIND Technique - The fast trauma (PTSD) and phobia cure
- Guided Imagery and Visualisation for Therapeutic Change
- How to lift depression, the practical skills you need
- How to break the cycle of depression
Training Institute: Human Givens College
CPD – 1 day courses (2017):
- Dementia Friend Training
- Attachment Theory
- Accredited member of the National Counselling Society (MNCS Accred)
- Registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP)
I work towards and abide by their Ethical Frameworks and professional standards.
- Holistic counselling
- REWIND Technique
- ✓ Affordable counselling
- ✓ Counselling
- ✓ Low cost counselling
- ✓ Person-centred therapy
- ✓ Solution focused therapy
Areas of counselling I can help with
- ✓ Abuse
- ✓ Addiction
- ✓ Anger management
- ✓ Anxiety
- ✓ Being a perfectionist
- ✓ Being assertive
- ✓ Bereavement, grief, loss
- ✓ Bullying
- ✓ Burnout
- ✓ Self confidence
- ✓ Depression
- ✓ Family problems
- ✓ Fear
- ✓ Feeling lonely
- ✓ Feeling sad
- ✓ Hoarding
- ✓ Insecurity
- ✓ Jealousy
- ✓ Low self esteem
- ✓ Miscarriage
- ✓ Obsessive compulsive disorder
- ✓ Panic attack
- ✓ Panic disorder
- ✓ Performance anxiety
- ✓ Phobia
- ✓ Post-traumatic stress disorder
- ✓ Postnatal depression
- ✓ Relationship issues
- ✓ Self-harm
- ✓ Sleep problems
- ✓ Social phobia
- ✓ Stress
- ✓ Trauma
- ✓ Workplace stress
- ✓ Worrying too much
- Counselling session: £45 (45 minutes)
- REWIND Technique sessions: £75 for 2x1hr sessions
I currently have 2 lower cost counselling appointment spaces available at £30 – please enquire with me about them.
- ✓ 100+ Counsellors
- ✓ In the UK
- ✓ Face-to-face & Online
| Disclaimer | Reviews | Login | Privacy |