Misma Hemming | Counsellor MBACP
Leave a message and I will contact you as soon as possible.
You are welcome to my practice Counselling Exeter for individual counselling and relationship counselling.
I offer a safe, confidential, non-judgemental space where you can allow yourself the time and opportunity to talk about any challenges or issues that may be confusing, troubling, painful or uncomfortable for you.
Counselling can help you to:
- Clarify things
- Feel empowered
- Increase your self-awareness
- Gain greater insight into your world
- Make changes in life
- See that you have choices
No problem or issue too big or too small
People have many different reasons for seeking support. I have experience in helping people with a wide range of issues. There is no problem or issue too big or too small.
- Are you feeling overwhelmed and unable to cope?
- Are you struggling with a dilemma and need to find some clarity?
- Would you like to talk about the issues in your life that are troubling you or causing you distress?
- Would you like to make changes in your life, but are you unsure how or where to start?
- Are you as a couple experiencing problems within your relationship?
I am here to help. I offer a place where you can explore your thoughts and feelings, express your emotions, and find yourself again. I offer you a space to heal.
I can use a variety of approaches, tailored to your needs. My approach is non-judgemental and aims at empowering you. I seek to create an environment where the you feel respected, valued, safe and understood.
I am a warm, professional and BACP registered counsellor. My aim as a counsellor is to support you with the assistance, expertise and understanding that can enable you to make the changes in your life that you want.
I have been working in the mental health sector for several years now and in 2013 I started working as a counsellor. I am a registered member of BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy), and I am a trainee member of BPC (British Psychoanalytic Council) and PPA (Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Association).
I believe in strongly in a high level of training, continued professional development and regular and good quality supervision, all of which are requirement for the member of these professional bodies.
Qualifications and registrations
- BSc (Hons) in Psychology Studies, University of Exeter (2009)
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling, Exeter College, Devon (2015)
- I am currently undertaking a Master degree (MSc) in Psychological Therapies Practice and Research (Psychodynamic/Psychoanalytic Therapy), University of Exeter
- Registered Member BACP
- Registered Trainee member of PAA and BPF
Further trainings and personal development courses:
- Tavistock Relationships, London - Couple Work Therapy
- Dealing with Obstacles in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- EMDR Therapy & Mindfulness for Trauma-Focused care
- Functional Family Therapy (University of Exeter)
- On-going supervision, training and personal therapy
- Working therapeutically with domestic violence (BACP)
- Body and Mind, bedfellow? (BPA summer school 2018, London)
- Peripheral Visions: celebrating contemporary attachment theory and psychoanalytic psychotherapy (CEDAR , University of Exeter)
Areas of counselling I can help with
- ✓ Abuse
- ✓ Addiction
- ✓ Anger management
- ✓ Anorexia nervosa
- ✓ Anxiety
- ✓ Attachment disorder
- ✓ Being a perfectionist
- ✓ Being assertive
- ✓ Bereavement, grief, loss
- ✓ Binge-eating disorder
- ✓ Bulimia
- ✓ Bullying
- ✓ Burnout
- ✓ Communication
- ✓ Self confidence
- ✓ Depression
- ✓ Eating disorders
- ✓ Family problems
- ✓ Fear
- ✓ Feeling lonely
- ✓ Feeling sad
- ✓ Hyperventilation
- ✓ Insecurity
- ✓ Jealousy
- ✓ Low self esteem
- ✓ Obsessive compulsive disorder
- ✓ Panic attack
- ✓ Panic disorder
- ✓ Performance anxiety
- ✓ Phobia
- ✓ Post-traumatic stress disorder
- ✓ Relationship issues
- ✓ Self-harm
- ✓ Sleep problems
- ✓ Social phobia
- ✓ Stress
- ✓ Trauma
- ✓ Workplace stress
- ✓ Worrying too much
Individual counselling: £40 (day) / £50 (evening), Couples counselling: £70
I offer an initial assessment for £25. Concessionary rates available for students/trainees.
- ✓ 100+ Counsellors
- ✓ In the UK
- ✓ Face-to-face & Online
| Disclaimer | Reviews | Login | Privacy |