Tracey Neale | Integrative Counsellor & EMDR practitioner
Leave a message and I will contact you as soon as possible.
My name is Tracey Neale and I’m an Integrative Counsellor/CBT and EMDR practitioner based in Canterbury. I have over ten years experience and I use this experience within my counselling practice to support individuals and couples develop an understanding of the issues which are impacting their lives, relationships, employment.
Integrative counselling means, drawing on a number of different therapeutic theories depending on your individual’s needs. I work with and support individuals who are experiencing:
- Addictions: alcohol, drug, gambling
- Childhood trauma
- Eating disorders/disordered eating
- Grief & bereavement
- Stress & anxiety, generalised anxiety disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Personality disorders - bipolar
- Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- LGBT counselling: for lesbian, gay, bisexual &/ transgender people. Issues include sexual
orientation, gender, relationships, self-esteem, family dynamics.
> Counselling: enables you to explore your past experiences, therefore helping recognise and understand the negative patterns; often formed in childhood.
> Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): can help you manage your problems by changing the way you think and behave. It's most commonly used to treat anxiety and depression, but can be useful for other mental and physical health problems.
> EMDR: Eye movement desensitisation reprocessing. My work as an EMDR practitioner involves the identification of unprocessed traumatic or other distressing experiences that are continuing to drive an individual’s psychological disturbance. EMDR has been used to effectively treat a wide range of mental health problems.
I have over ten years experience working as a practicing therapist; working within private
practise and the NHS IAPT services (Increased Access to Psychological Therapies) which is a
short-term therapeutic service provided for individuals through GP surgeries.
How I can help
I have developed my stile of working throughout the last 10 years. Drawn on my own experiences, this has helped me be an empathic counsellor. My aim is to support you to understand where your difficulties may have originated. This is achieved through a non judgmental, good therapeutic relationship.
We will work collaboratively on what you would like to change. I will help you explore how you feel about yourself and the world around you. I respect the individual’s right to confidentiality.
I am accredited with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
I work within their ethical framework. This can be viewed here. I undertake regular professional development and supervision as well as having professional indemnity insurance.
Qualifications and registrations
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling - Integrative Counselling, Canterbury College (2015)
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Counselling, Chrysalis Courses (2007)
- Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy, Chrysalis Courses (2008)
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy, Chrysalis Courses (2009)
- Training in EMDR, Sandy Richman (2018)
I have attended a wide range of trainings and workshops for professional development (CDP) and I continue to do so, keeping up to date with new ideas and changing practice. I also attend regular Group and Individual Supervision.
Memberships and accreditations
I am accredited with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
I am also a member of EMDR - UK & Ireland.
- I have worked extensively with adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse and with individuals who have experienced historical rape, sexual assault and/or sexual harassment. This includes looking at how Trauma and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, possibly caused by the above, have influenced or interrupted individual's lives in a negative and/or self-defeating way.
- I have a special interest in working with individuals who are experiencing difficulties with their relationship with food, presenting with Eating Disorders/Disordered Eating. Plus Self-Harming behaviours.
- I work with LGBT individuals - helping people look at their feelings concerning their sexuality and sexual identity.
- I have also worked with young people of primary school age and teenagers.
Areas of counselling I can help with
- ✓ Abortion
- ✓ Abuse
- ✓ Addiction
- ✓ Adoption/Post-Adoption
- ✓ Anger management
- ✓ Anorexia nervosa
- ✓ Anxiety
- ✓ Attachment disorder
- ✓ Being a perfectionist
- ✓ Being assertive
- ✓ Bereavement, grief, loss
- ✓ Binge-eating disorder
- ✓ Bulimia
- ✓ Bullying
- ✓ Burnout
- ✓ Communication
- ✓ Self confidence
- ✓ Depression
- ✓ Eating disorders
- ✓ Family problems
- ✓ Fear
- ✓ Feeling lonely
- ✓ Feeling sad
- ✓ Hoarding
- ✓ Hyperventilation
- ✓ Infertility
- ✓ Insecurity
- ✓ Jealousy
- ✓ Low self esteem
- ✓ Miscarriage
- ✓ Obsessive compulsive disorder
- ✓ Panic attack
- ✓ Panic disorder
- ✓ Performance anxiety
- ✓ Phobia
- ✓ Post-traumatic stress disorder
- ✓ Postnatal depression
- ✓ Redundancy
- ✓ Relationship issues
- ✓ Retirement
- ✓ Self-harm
- ✓ Sleep problems
- ✓ Social phobia
- ✓ Stress
- ✓ Trauma
- ✓ Workplace stress
- ✓ Worrying too much
- Counselling £45 - 50 minutes
- EMDR £50 - 60 minutes
- Couples Counselling £70 - 60 minutes
Availability (Opening hours)
|Monday||9:30-13.00 - 16:00-19:00|
|Saturday||9:00-13:00 - 16:00-18:00|
- ✓ 100+ Counsellors
- ✓ In the UK
- ✓ Face-to-face & Online
| Disclaimer | Privacy statement | Login |