Jill Eggleston | Counsellor
DT4 9DN Weymouth
Leave a message and I will contact you as soon as possible.
- Are you feeling anxious, depressed?
- Are you experiencing relationship problems?
- Are you experiencing painful thoughts or difficult feelings?
- Are you experiencing problems in everyday life?
My name is Jill and I am an experienced, qualified counsellor based in Weymouth, Dorset. I am an accredited registrant member of the National Counselling Society. I can help you with a wide range of issues. Above all counselling offers you the time to be heard, to voice your concerns, to reflect and to find a way forward.
A safe and confidential space
I primarily work in a person-centred way, integrating other approaches in order to suit your individual needs. I will not give answers or advice but I will provide a safe, confidential space where you can explore your thoughts, feelings and actions. I believe that a good relationship is at the heart of counselling and therefore I aim to understand you in a non‑judgemental and accepting way.
I offer warmth, support and encouragement to enable you to find your own answers and discover a way forward.
My previous experience as both a Teacher and a Teaching Assistant helped me to realise that I am interested in people and that I am a good listener.
I am a qualified and experienced Counsellor and as a member of the NCS I adhere to the NCS Code of Ethics.
My experience includes:
- Counsellor at the Matrix Project, Yeovil.
- Counsellor for Redlands Counselling, Bournemouth.
- Voluntary NHS Counsellor, Bridges Surgery, Weymouth.
- Counsellor for the Counselling Information Trust, a charity based in Parkstone.
- Volunteer Counsellor in the Renal and Oncology Units at Dorset County Hospital.
- Bereavement Support Worker for Dorset Cruse, working with Adults, Children and Young People
- Private practice for 6 years.
Qualifications and registrations
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency
- Cruse- Awareness in Bereavement Care
- Cruse- Children and Young People Bereavement Support Programme
- BA (Hons) French
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education
- Postgraduate Certificate in Dyslexia and Literacy
I am an accredited registrant member of the National Counselling Society.(NCS).
I undertake regular professional development to increase my skills and knowledge - recent training includes - Understanding Autism, Bullying and Disordered Eating.
I offer short and long term counselling - I offer a free 30 minute intial appointment which is a chance for us to meet and to see whether I can offer you the support you are looking for. I offer counselling for a wide range of issues - the most treated are - Anxiety, Depression, Relationships, Self Esteem, Bereavement/Loss.
I also offer counselling at a reduced rate for Students of Counselling.
Areas of counselling I can help with
- ✓ Anger management
- ✓ Anxiety
- ✓ Being a perfectionist
- ✓ Being assertive
- ✓ Bereavement, grief, loss
- ✓ Bullying
- ✓ Burnout
- ✓ Communication
- ✓ Self confidence
- ✓ Depression
- ✓ Family problems
- ✓ Fear
- ✓ Feeling lonely
- ✓ Feeling sad
- ✓ Insecurity
- ✓ Jealousy
- ✓ Low self esteem
- ✓ Panic attack
- ✓ Performance anxiety
- ✓ Postnatal depression
- ✓ Relationship issues
- ✓ Sleep problems
- ✓ Social phobia
- ✓ Stress
- ✓ Workplace stress
- ✓ Worrying too much
£40 for a 1 hour session
£30 for a 1 hour session - Student rate
FREE half hour initial session
Availability (Opening hours)
|Monday||9 am - 6 pm|
|Tuesday||9 am - 6 pm|
|Wednesday||9 am - 6 pm|
|Thursday||9 am - 6 pm|
|Friday||9 am - 1 pm|
|Saturday||9 am - 1 pm|
- ✓ 100+ Counsellors
- ✓ In the UK
- ✓ Face-to-face & Online
| Disclaimer | Privacy | Login |