Sue Lane | Counsellor and Psychotherapist
Leave a message and I will contact you as soon as possible.
Sometimes life throws things at us that perhaps we need a little help with. You may not even be aware of what is wrong, but something just doesn’t feel quite right. Or maybe you know exactly what it is that is upsetting you, and you need to speak to a third, impartial party. Whatever your reason for contacting me, I will offer you empathy, honesty and warmth. I can draw on a range of different therapeutic approaches to suit your individual needs.
We invest time and money in our families, our lifestyles and our homes, so why not invest in ourselves? If we look after ourselves and increase our sense of self-worth then this will have a positive impact on us and on our world around us.
My name is Sue Lane, I am a qualified counsellor and psychotherapist. I offer a safe and non-judgemental environment for you to explore and unravel your thoughts, feelings and emotions. All sessions are confidential and I adhere to the code of ethics set out by the National Counselling Society.
I am based at various locations in the South of England. Next to my practice in Wimborne, you can also find me in two locations in Poole: central Poole and in Parkstone, close to Bournemouth.
I welcome both individuals and couples from Wimborne, Blandford, Corfe Mullen, Ferndown, Broadstone, Bournemouth, Ringwood, Poole and other areas in Dorset.
After returning to work from maternity leave, I felt that I had lost my identity and along with that went my confidence and self-esteem. I felt uninteresting and boring and quite inadequate. Fortunately, I recognised that I needed to do something to promote change within my life and decided to re-train in a subject that really interested me – helping people.
I went back to education and embarked on a 3 year course in Hypnotherapy & Counselling/Psychotherapy and volunteered as a Samaritan. Helping people to promote their own change is challenging, rewarding and fulfilling.
Qualifications and registrations
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Diploma, with Distinction, In Hypnotherapy
- Certificate in Transactional Analysis 101
- Certificate in Level 1 & Level 2, Practitioner Level, in EFT
- Certificate in Motivational Interviewing
- Certificate in PTSD – Recognising and Treating
- Certificate in Neuro Linguistic Programming
- Certificate in Bereavement Support – Advanced Status
- Certificate in Mindful Based Interventions
- I have recently attended courses on: Self Harm, Adolescent Mental Health and Couples CBT.
- I have also completed an LGBT awareness workshop.
- I am LGBT affirmative and am committed to supporting all kinds of relationships.
- Fully Accredited Member of The National Counselling Society
- Listed on Professional Standards Authority Accredited Register
- Regularly supervised in line with the Code of Ethics for the National Counselling Society
- Fully Insured
Areas of counselling I can help with
- ✓ Abortion
- ✓ Abuse
- ✓ Addiction
- ✓ Anger management
- ✓ Anorexia nervosa
- ✓ Anxiety
- ✓ Attachment disorder
- ✓ Being a perfectionist
- ✓ Being assertive
- ✓ Bereavement, grief, loss
- ✓ Binge-eating disorder
- ✓ Bulimia
- ✓ Bullying
- ✓ Burnout
- ✓ Communication
- ✓ Self confidence
- ✓ Covid-19 Anxiety
- ✓ Depression
- ✓ Eating disorders
- ✓ Family problems
- ✓ Fear
- ✓ Feeling lonely
- ✓ Feeling sad
- ✓ Hoarding
- ✓ Hyperventilation
- ✓ Infertility
- ✓ Insecurity
- ✓ Jealousy
- ✓ Low self esteem
- ✓ Miscarriage
- ✓ Obsessive compulsive disorder
- ✓ Panic attack
- ✓ Panic disorder
- ✓ Performance anxiety
- ✓ Phobia
- ✓ Post-traumatic stress disorder
- ✓ Postnatal depression
- ✓ Relationship issues
- ✓ Self-harm
- ✓ Sleep problems
- ✓ Social phobia
- ✓ Stress
- ✓ Trauma
- ✓ Workplace stress
- ✓ Worrying too much
Individuals: £55 per session (50 minutes)
Couples: £60 per session (50 minutes)
Availability (Opening hours)
|Monday||8:30am - 7pm|
|Tuesday||8:30am - 7pm|
|Wednesday||8:30am - 7pm|
|Thursday||8:30am - 7pm|
|Friday||8:30am - 7pm|
- ✓ 100+ Counsellors
- ✓ In the UK
- ✓ Face-to-face & Online
| Disclaimer | Privacy | Login |