Victoria A Moore | Psychotherapist and Counsellor
Leave a message and I will contact you as soon as possible.
As a qualified nurse, counsellor and psychotherapist, my approach is friendly and client-centred. My philosophy is integrative, informed by several psychological theories, including psychodynamic, cognitive-behavioural, humanistic and Gestalt.
I use a holistic approach, helping clients to use their own resources and build on their strengths, working through issues, solving problems, achieving goals, and increasing self-awareness.
My counselling services are open to everyone, regardless of age, gender, sexuality, religion, race, or culture.
I see individuals and couples, young people and children. As well as private clients, I am happy to see people who are funded by insurance or their employer.
I offer professional counselling and psychotherapy from two locations, in Tonbridge and in Maidstone. Both rooms are comfortable, quiet and private. There is free parking available at both locations.
I welcome clients from all over Tonbridge, East Peckham, Hildenborough, Sevenoaks, Wateringbury, Kings Hill, Maidstone and surrounding areas.
I have completed a thorough training in delivering therapy online therefore I am able to offer remote sessions via telephone or video (Teams, Zoom, Skype, FaceTime, Whatsapp) call during the Covid-19 pandemic or for clients whose circumstances prevent them from attending therapy in person.
Qualifications and registrations
2020 Certificate (merit) in Online Counselling using audio & webcam.
- 2016 - 2019 WPF Post-Graduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy and registration with UKCP.
- 2014 WPF Post-Qualifying Certificate in Working with the Couple in Mind (30 hours)
- 2010 – 2012 BSc (Hons) II.i Clinical Practice (Psychosocial Care), Canterbury Christ Church University
- 2008 Behavioural Family Therapy (BFT) Training (35 hours), The NHS Meriden Family Programme
- In March 2009, I also trained my NHS service in BFT
- 2008 WPF Post-Qualifying Certificate in CBT Skills (39 hours)
- 2008 Accreditation with United Kingdom Register of Counsellors & Psychotherapists
- 2007 Accreditation with British Association of Counsellors & Psychotherapists
- 2004 Introductory Certificate in Management, Institute of Leadership and Management
- 2002 – 2003 NA311 Managing Learning Through Mentorship module, University of Brighton
- 2003 Introduction to Couples Counselling Skills (30 hours), Crawley College, Crawley, East Sussex
- 2002 BACP Accredited Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapeutic Counselling; European Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling; Advanced Certificate in Therapeutic Counselling, Crawley College, Crawley, East Sussex
- 1999 – 2000 NCFE 3703 Certificate in Counselling, West Kent College, Tonbridge, Kent
- 1996 – 1999 Diploma in Nursing Studies and RMN Qualification, University of Brighton
- ✓ Cognitive behavioural therapy
- ✓ Counselling
- ✓ Couples counselling
- ✓ Dialectical behavior therapy
- ✓ Family Therapy
- ✓ Humanistic therapies
- ✓ Integrative Counselling
- ✓ Mindfulness
- ✓ Narrative Therapy
- ✓ Online counselling
- ✓ Person-centred therapy
- ✓ Psychodynamic therapy
Areas of counselling I can help with
- ✓ Abortion
- ✓ Abuse
- ✓ Addiction
- ✓ Adoption/Post-Adoption
- ✓ Anger management
- ✓ Anorexia nervosa
- ✓ Anxiety
- ✓ Attachment disorder
- ✓ Being a perfectionist
- ✓ Being assertive
- ✓ Bereavement, grief, loss
- ✓ Binge-eating disorder
- ✓ Bulimia
- ✓ Bullying
- ✓ Burnout
- ✓ Communication
- ✓ Self confidence
- ✓ Covid-19 Anxiety
- ✓ Depression
- ✓ Eating disorders
- ✓ Family problems
- ✓ Fear
- ✓ Feeling lonely
- ✓ Feeling sad
- ✓ Hoarding
- ✓ Hyperventilation
- ✓ Infertility
- ✓ Insecurity
- ✓ Jealousy
- ✓ Low self esteem
- ✓ Miscarriage
- ✓ Obsessive compulsive disorder
- ✓ Panic attack
- ✓ Panic disorder
- ✓ Performance anxiety
- ✓ Phobia
- ✓ Post-traumatic stress disorder
- ✓ Postnatal depression
- ✓ Redundancy
- ✓ Relationship issues
- ✓ Retirement
- ✓ Self-harm
- ✓ Sleep problems
- ✓ Social phobia
- ✓ Stress
- ✓ Trauma
- ✓ Workplace stress
- ✓ Worrying too much
- Individuals £60
- Couples £70
Sessions last 50 minutes and are usually weekly, at least initially.
All hours via appointment. Evening and weekend appointments are available.
- ✓ 100+ Counsellors
- ✓ In the UK
- ✓ Face-to-face & Online
| Disclaimer | Privacy | Login |