Victoria A Moore | Psychotherapist and Counsellor
Leave a message and I will contact you as soon as possible.
As a qualified nurse, counsellor and psychotherapist, my approach is friendly and client-centred. My philosophy is integrative, informed by several psychological theories, including psychodynamic, cognitive-behavioural, humanistic and Gestalt.
I use a holistic approach, helping clients to use their own resources and build on their strengths, working through issues, solving problems, achieving goals, and increasing self-awareness.
My counselling services are open to everyone, regardless of age, gender, sexuality, religion, race, or culture.
I see individuals and couples, young people and children. As well as private clients, I am happy to see people who are funded by insurance or their employer.
I offer professional counselling and psychotherapy from two locations, in Maidstone Community Support Centre in Maidstone and in North Tonbridge. Both rooms are comfortable, quiet and private. There is free parking available at both locations.
I welcome clients from all over Maidstone, Kings Hill, Sevenoaks, Hildenborough, East Peckham, Wateringbury, Tonbridge and surrounding areas.
Qualifications and registrations
- 2016 - 2019 WPF Post-Graduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy and registration with UKCP.
- 2014 WPF Post-Qualifying Certificate in Working with the Couple in Mind (30 hours)
- 2010 – 2012 BSc (Hons) II.i Clinical Practice (Psychosocial Care), Canterbury Christ Church University
- 2008 Behavioural Family Therapy (BFT) Training (35 hours), The NHS Meriden Family Programme
- In March 2009, I also trained my NHS service in BFT
- 2008 WPF Post-Qualifying Certificate in CBT Skills (39 hours)
- 2008 Accreditation with United Kingdom Register of Counsellors & Psychotherapists
- 2007 Accreditation with British Association of Counsellors & Psychotherapists
- 2004 Introductory Certificate in Management, Institute of Leadership and Management
- 2002 – 2003 NA311 Managing Learning Through Mentorship module, University of Brighton
- 2003 Introduction to Couples Counselling Skills (30 hours), Crawley College, Crawley, East Sussex
- 2002 BACP Accredited Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapeutic Counselling; European Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling; Advanced Certificate in Therapeutic Counselling, Crawley College, Crawley, East Sussex
- 1999 – 2000 NCFE 3703 Certificate in Counselling, West Kent College, Tonbridge, Kent
- 1996 – 1999 Diploma in Nursing Studies and RMN Qualification, University of Brighton
Areas of counselling I can help with
- ✓ Abortion
- ✓ Abuse
- ✓ Addiction
- ✓ Adoption/Post-Adoption
- ✓ Anger management
- ✓ Anorexia nervosa
- ✓ Anxiety
- ✓ Attachment disorder
- ✓ Being a perfectionist
- ✓ Being assertive
- ✓ Bereavement, grief, loss
- ✓ Binge-eating disorder
- ✓ Bulimia
- ✓ Bullying
- ✓ Burnout
- ✓ Communication
- ✓ Self confidence
- ✓ Depression
- ✓ Eating disorders
- ✓ Family problems
- ✓ Fear
- ✓ Feeling lonely
- ✓ Feeling sad
- ✓ Hoarding
- ✓ Hyperventilation
- ✓ Infertility
- ✓ Insecurity
- ✓ Jealousy
- ✓ Low self esteem
- ✓ Miscarriage
- ✓ Obsessive compulsive disorder
- ✓ Panic attack
- ✓ Panic disorder
- ✓ Performance anxiety
- ✓ Phobia
- ✓ Post-traumatic stress disorder
- ✓ Postnatal depression
- ✓ Redundancy
- ✓ Relationship issues
- ✓ Retirement
- ✓ Self-harm
- ✓ Sleep problems
- ✓ Social phobia
- ✓ Stress
- ✓ Trauma
- ✓ Workplace stress
- ✓ Worrying too much
- Individuals £50
- Couples £60
Sessions last 50 minutes and are usually weekly, at least initially.
All hours via appointment. Evening and weekend appointments are available.
- ✓ 100+ Counsellors
- ✓ In the UK
- ✓ Face-to-face & Online
| Disclaimer | Reviews | Login | Privacy |