Tia Piper | Humanistic and Integrative Counselling
Leave a message and I will contact you as soon as possible.
I believe we are all unique and, at times, complex human beings, with individual thoughts, feelings, beliefs and experiences. At times we can all feel unhappy, stuck, confused and even depressed. This is where sharing and exploring these emotions is a powerful thing - being able to understand the emotions and working with 'what next' is both liberating and empowering.
I work in a Humanistic and Integrative way, a face to face talking therapy. It is a warm, caring and safe approach to emotional problem solving and healing. This way of working is non-judgmental, respectful, supportive, and completely confidential.
I have been in private practice for over eleven years now. In becoming a therapist along with my extensive and continual training within the therapeutic environment, combined with my own personal life experiences, has enriched my life and my ability to be emphatic with what life offers each of us at any given time.
Over the years, I have supported individuals between the ages of 10 and 82 years of age... From many walks of life, backgrounds and cultures. I work with the person in front of me, what they bring into the room and how I can best support them to change their own lives if this is what the person wants. I can work long term or short term depending on the client's need.
I am able to offer counselling in my own private practice, in a purpose built garden office. This is a safe, comfortable and private space just for my client work. Parking is available on the drive. I can be flexible offering daytime or evening sessions that work around the client’s life and commitments.
You have already taken the most important step in recognising the need for help and support, by looking for and contacting a therapist.....feeling anxious?.....now breathe.
I do not charge for the initial session as this time is about you and exploring what brings you into therapy, what your expectations are, what I can offer you, and how I can best support you during your time in counselling.
I am also happy to offer qualifying clients concessionary rates, please feel free to ask me.
I offer counselling via skype.
Qualifications and registrations
- B.A.(Hons.) Humanistic and Integrative Counselling.
- BTEC Professional Higher Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Voice Dialogue Facilitator, Level 1 2010
- Voice Dialogue Facilitator, Level 2 2010
- Voice Dialogue Facilitator, Level 3 2011
- Integrative Therapies, October 2009
- Bereavement Training. Havant Area Bereavement Care Group. 2008
- Anger Management. Petersfield Counselling Service. July 2009
- Recognising and Working with Personality Adaptations and Disorders. November 2008.
- Time Limited Counselling training. 2008
- Child Protection. April 2009
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse. October 2010
- Samaritans Day School. The Samaritans. May 2009
In addition to the above i have attended numerous training workshops, and further training's. I am committed to continual personal development and attend training's and workshops regularly.
- I am fully insured as a practitioner including full public liability cover with Towergate.
- I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) and abide by their code of ethics and guidelines.
- I hold a disclosure check (formerly known as a CRB check) via the Governments Disclosure and Barring Service.
- I am registered with the ICO (Information Commissioners Office) as a registered data controller, and follow the guidance set out for safeguarding client details and record keeping.
- I am a member of The Hampshire Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
My core model is Humanistic & Integrative.
Humanistic, tailoring the sessions to the clients needs.
Over the years i have volunteered for two organisations, 'The Petersfield Counselling Service' (a counselling service open to anyone in the Petersfield area, and 'Off The Record', (a counselling service for 11 - 25year olds) in Leigh Park.
Areas of counselling I can help with
- ✓ Abortion
- ✓ Abuse
- ✓ Addiction
- ✓ Adoption/Post-Adoption
- ✓ Anger management
- ✓ Anorexia nervosa
- ✓ Anxiety
- ✓ Attachment disorder
- ✓ Being a perfectionist
- ✓ Being assertive
- ✓ Bereavement, grief, loss
- ✓ Binge-eating disorder
- ✓ Bulimia
- ✓ Bullying
- ✓ Burnout
- ✓ Communication
- ✓ Self confidence
- ✓ Depression
- ✓ Eating disorders
- ✓ Family problems
- ✓ Fear
- ✓ Feeling lonely
- ✓ Feeling sad
- ✓ Hoarding
- ✓ Hyperventilation
- ✓ Infertility
- ✓ Insecurity
- ✓ Jealousy
- ✓ LGBT-issues
- ✓ Low self esteem
- ✓ Miscarriage
- ✓ Obsessive compulsive disorder
- ✓ Panic attack
- ✓ Panic disorder
- ✓ Performance anxiety
- ✓ Phobia
- ✓ Post-traumatic stress disorder
- ✓ Postnatal depression
- ✓ Redundancy
- ✓ Relationship issues
- ✓ Retirement
- ✓ Self-harm
- ✓ Sleep problems
- ✓ Social phobia
- ✓ Stress
- ✓ Trauma
- ✓ Workplace stress
- ✓ Worrying too much
- £45.00 per full hour
I offer consessions.
Availability (working hours)
Very flexible, daytime or evenings. Not weekends.
- ✓ 100+ Counsellors
- ✓ In the UK
- ✓ Face-to-face & Online
| Disclaimer | Privacy | Login |