Helen Smith | Counsellor
Counselling Langport - Somerton
Most of us have experienced times in our lives when we feel over-whelmed, lost, confused, fearful, grief stricken or just struggling to find a way forward.
My name is Helen, I live locally and have worked alongside people suffering mental ill health for over fifteen years. I realise that skilled talking therapy/counselling is one of the most valuable and lasting ways in making deep seated change; reaching to the very roots of how and why we are.
I am skilled in counselling both individuals and couples with a wide variety of presenting issues including abuse and addictions, anxiety and depression, bereavement and loss, family struggles, infertility and childlessness, relationship issues, stress and trauma.
I work with a gentle person-centered approach enabling and equipping you to move forward in a way that feels more manageable and empowering.
I completed my Higher Diploma in Counselling and have gained valuable experience both with Cruse Bereavement and Vine Counselling. As a registered member of The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy I work to an approved ethical framework for quality standards.
I have a comfortable, private and peaceful country practice locally and am also able to make home visits for those struggling to get out.
If you have any questions about therapy or would like to make an appointment, then I welcome you to send me a message.
Qualifications and registrations
- AQA - Higher Diploma in Counselling - 2012
- CRUSE bereavement and Working with Young people in - CRUSE abc - 2013
- Specialist Bereavement training
- Specialist Couples Counselling training [ ongoing ] with the Mary Clegg Clinic
- Over 16 years of work with an older person's mental health and the needs of carers and specialising in work in the community.
- Over 6 years experience in Bereavement counselling including Sudden and traumatic death, Loss through Suicide and Complex and Compounded grief which often covers many years/many losses.
- I have received extra training to work with children and young people in grief and more recently specialist training to work with couples in crisis who may be struggling in their relationship.
- British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy - Registered Member
- I am also able to make home visits for those struggling to go out, for example clients with agoraphobia or disability, clients who are elderly, or unable to drive or get around for whatever reason. I believe therapy should be available for anybody who needs the support.
- I also offer telephone/Skype counselling which is proving to be very effective particularly for those who live further away and struggle to travel or have issues around time.
Areas of counselling I can help with
- ✓ Abuse
- ✓ Addiction
- ✓ Anger management
- ✓ Anxiety
- ✓ Attachment disorder
- ✓ Being a perfectionist
- ✓ Being assertive
- ✓ Bereavement, grief, loss
- ✓ Bullying
- ✓ Burnout
- ✓ Communication
- ✓ Self confidence
- ✓ Depression
- ✓ Family problems
- ✓ Fear
- ✓ Feeling lonely
- ✓ Feeling sad
- ✓ Hoarding
- ✓ Hyperventilation
- ✓ Infertility
- ✓ Insecurity
- ✓ Jealousy
- ✓ Low self esteem
- ✓ Miscarriage
- ✓ Obsessive compulsive disorder
- ✓ Panic attack
- ✓ Panic disorder
- ✓ Performance anxiety
- ✓ Phobia
- ✓ Post-traumatic stress disorder
- ✓ Postnatal depression
- ✓ Redundancy
- ✓ Relationship issues
- ✓ Retirement
- ✓ Self-harm
- ✓ Sleep problems
- ✓ Social phobia
- ✓ Stress
- ✓ Trauma
- ✓ Workplace stress
- ✓ Worrying too much
- Free introductory session via the telephone
- 35.00 per hour for individuals
- 55.00 per hour for couples
Reduced rates for those on low incomes and benefits as well as students in training.
Travel costs at 0.40 per mile.
Availability (Opening hours)
|Monday||8am - 7pm|
|Tuesday||8am - 7pm|
|Wednesday||8am - 7pm|
|Thursday||8am - 7pm|
|Friday||8am - 7pm|
|Saturday||8am - 11am|
Reviews Counselling Langport - SomertonBelow you will find reviews about Counselling Langport - Somerton - Helen Smith
Based on 2 reviews
At the time I was also trying to please everyone and felt responsible for all those around me. My inner dialogue was very negative and especially cruel to myself. I could not really afford to see a counselor but was offered reduced rates. It has been the greatest investment I’ve ever made. I felt instantly at ease with Helen. Her kind and gentle approach enabled me to open up and explore many issues past and present.
I honestly feel a lot younger, happier and more relaxed. I am working again and enjoying it. I feel that I can cope with whatever life throws at me now and value what I have. I’ve not had a panic attack for at least 6 months. I think the biggest change has been in how I see myself. I actually like myself, appreciate who I am and look after myself. There are times when the negative dialogue raises her voice, where I put myself down or feel guilty, but I am now better equipped to recognize and deal with this.
So thank you Helen and I strongly recommend anyone to seek your support.”
- ✓ 100+ Counsellors
- ✓ In the UK
- ✓ Face-to-face & Online
| Disclaimer | Reviews | Login |