Emma Stafford | Counsellor
✓ I also offer online therapy
Hi, my name is Emma and I am a qualified Person-centred counsellor (MBACP) currently working in Crewe, Cheshire East.
Being Person-centred means that the sessions I offer are client-led, valuing the unique experience of each individual. We can all face times in our lives where we feel like we need extra support or just a listening ear. I believe that, as a counsellor, I can provide both of these things as well as a safe, confidential and non-judgemental space to explore and make sense of your thoughts and feelings. My aim is that, during our sessions together, my clients will feel empowered and valued and eventually able to find their own solutions.
Although my counselling sessions are driven from a Person-centred perspective I will include theories and techniques from other areas, such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Transactional Analysis depending on the client and the presenting issue.
I have experience of counselling people of different ages, with various presenting issues, such as anxiety, low mood, low self-esteem, depression and bereavement. I have also got experience of working with people with addtional learning needs, such as Autism Spectrum Disorder, Dyslexia and Aspergers. I adapt my sessions to suit the needs od the individual client and can be flexible in my approach.
I am able to offer my clients various types of "distance" therapy.
- Therapy over the phone (either £15 for 30 minutes or £30 for 1 hour).
- Therapy via email (cost of a single email would be a percentage of the hourly rate. So if it took me 15 minutes to write a reply the cost would be £7.50. If a conversation was to take place via email then the same would apply. The cost would be a percentage of the hourly rate depending on how long we were talking for. Macoming is 1 hour at a time.
- Therapy via Skype/Zoom video call (Cost would be the same as a single face to face session; £30 for an hour).
Statement concerning the coronavirus pandemic
At this very difficult time, I am not able to offer any face to face sessions. This decision has been made witn the health of my clients, their families and myself in mind. I am, however, offering various types of online therapy and will support my clients in the best way that I can.
When all of this is over I will return to seeing clients face to face, but for now please look after yourselves and stay safe.
Qualifications and registrations
- Counselling Psychology MSc
- Critical Incident Stress Management Training (for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Introduction to Transactional Analysis
- ✓ Affordable counselling
- ✓ Counselling
- ✓ Person-centred therapy
- ✓ Skype counselling
- ✓ Teenage counselling
- ✓ Telephone counselling
- ✓ Youth counselling
Areas of counselling I can help with
- ✓ Anxiety
- ✓ Bereavement, grief, loss
- ✓ Bullying
- ✓ Burnout
- ✓ Communication
- ✓ Self confidence
- ✓ Depression
- ✓ Family problems
- ✓ Fear
- ✓ Feeling lonely
- ✓ Feeling sad
- ✓ Hyperventilation
- ✓ Insecurity
- ✓ Jealousy
- ✓ Low self esteem
- ✓ Miscarriage
- ✓ Panic attack
- ✓ Post-traumatic stress disorder
- ✓ Relationship issues
- ✓ Retirement
- ✓ Self-harm
- ✓ Social phobia
- ✓ Stress
- ✓ Trauma
- ✓ Workplace stress
- ✓ Worrying too much
- £30 per session (payable either before the session via BACS transfer or with cash at the first session
- £25 for under 16s and students (with a valid student card)
For online fees please see the "online" section further up.
Availability (Opening hours)
- ✓ 100+ Counsellors
- ✓ In the UK
- ✓ Face-to-face & Online
| Disclaimer | Reviews | Login | Privacy |