Georgina | Online Counsellor
Online Counselling for Women
|Send a message
✓ I also offer online therapy
Leave a message and I will contact you as soon as possible.
Online Counselling for Women
I am passionate about helping women to build their confidence and to strengthen their relationships. I've been described as caring, empathic, friendly, and relatable.
I have experience supporting people through a wide range of life’s difficulties, including relationship issues, domestic abuse, bereavement, miscarriage, illness and postnatal depression.
I’ve had counselling myself and I know how powerful it can be.
I'm an Integrative counsellor, which mean that my training has covered a range of different theories about what makes us tick, and how we can overcome challenges in our lives.
I believe that we can all benefit from having a safe and comfortable space to take a break and explore our feelings, without judgement. We work together to build a relationship where you can feel comfortable.
I am not here to advise you or to tell you what to do; although I may occasionally offer tools that might be useful in everyday life. This doesn't mean that I'll sit there silently nodding, leaving you feeling uncomfortable.
It means that I will listen to you and I will work with you to give you the opportunity to get to know yourself and find solutions that work for you.
Types of issues
There are all sorts of reasons why people contact me to think about starting counselling.
Perhaps you're struggling with:
- Anxiety, worry or fear. This might be around specific situations, or it could be a general sense that follows you all day long
- Depression, numbness or disconnection from your feelings
- Coping with a loss or relationship breakdown
- Poor self-esteem
- Navigating changes and transitions in life, including menopause, career change or retirement
- Reproductive loss, miscarriage or fertility challenges
- Pregnancy, birth trauma, postnatal depression, or parenting
- Relationship patterns, challenges with trust or 'people-pleasing'
- Domestic abuse, whether it's physical, emotional or financial
- Feeling overwhelmed or stressed and unable to focus
- Past memories or traumatic events that you have kept bottled up. Maybe they lie dormant inside. Or perhaps they make themselves known in outbursts of anger, sadness or frustration
- Having a voice in your relationships with family, friends or colleagues
Maybe you can’t quite put your finger on it, but you feel stuck.
You don’t like how you’re feeling or how you’re behaving, or life just isn’t how you want it to be.
The next step
You're ready to take the next step - but how might it actually help you if we start working together?
For different people this might involve different things. Here are some examples of what we might achieve together.
- Developing coping strategies to cope with feelings in everyday life, perhaps including anger or anxiety
- Understanding your boundaries and your relationship with trust. How you deserve to be treated in your relationships. This might be at home, with your family or friends, or it might be in the workplace
- Voicing feelings, stories or opinions that you find it difficult to share
- Developing your self-esteem by reviewing your expectations for yourself and for others
- Challenging fears and negative thought patterns
- Connecting with your emotions. Exploring, naming and understanding how you feel. Learning more about your past and present experiences to help you to understand how you feel
- Noticing how your mind and body connect
If you would like to know more or book an appointment, please send me a message.
Online therapyOnline counselling via Zoom
Qualifications and registrations
My qualifications and experience:
- Registered member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Counsellor at Home-Start and the Watford Women's Centre
- Crisis volunteer for SHOUT
- L4 Diploma in Integrative Therapeutic Counselling, L3 Certificate in Counselling Studies, and L2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Regular Continuous Professional Development, covering a range of topics
- L3 Award in Training and Education
- Safeguarding training for children and for adults and current DBS check
- Fully insured
SpecialisationsI specialise in supporting women through the challenges that they may face during different parts of their life, including relationship difficulties, pregnancy, infertility, miscarriage, postnatal depression, domestic abuse and loss.
- ✓ Counselling
- ✓ Integrative Counselling
- ✓ Online counselling
- ✓ Person-centred therapy
- ✓ Zoom counselling
Areas of counselling I can help with
- ✓ Abuse
- ✓ Anger management
- ✓ Anxiety
- ✓ Attachment disorder
- ✓ Being a perfectionist
- ✓ Being assertive
- ✓ Burnout
- ✓ Self confidence
- ✓ Depression
- ✓ Family problems
- ✓ Fear
- ✓ Feeling lonely
- ✓ Feeling sad
- ✓ Infertility
- ✓ Low self esteem
- ✓ Miscarriage
- ✓ Postnatal depression
- ✓ Relationship issues
- ✓ Self-harm
- ✓ Setting boundaries
- ✓ Stress
- ✓ Trauma
- ✓ Workplace stress
- ✓ Worrying too much
Fees£55 per 50-minute session.
Payment is via BACS at least 24 hours in advance of each session.
Availability (Opening hours)
- ✓ 100+ Counsellors
- ✓ In the UK
- ✓ Face-to-face & Online
| Disclaimer | Privacy | Login |