Simon Halford | Counselling and Psychosexual Therapy
Leave a message and I will contact you as soon as possible.
Counselling and Psychotherapy Harley Street - London
My name is Simon and I am a fully qualified and registered psychotherapist and psychosexual therapist. I offer counselling, psychotherapy and psychosexual therapy from my office at Harley Street in Central London.
I aim to provide a safe environment and practical solutions for exploring and addressing sensitive sexual and psychological problems for individuals and couples. As an integrative therapist I draw on several psychological models of therapy including psychodynamic, person-centred and cognitive behavioural approaches.
I am an experienced Psychotherapist, specialising in the treatment of sexual and relationship issues using a range of approaches to meet the individual or couple's needs.
The issues I treat include depression, communication issues, erectile dysfunction, pain during intercourse, loss of libido (sexual desire), sexual addictions including Internet pornography addictions, relationship difficulties and the impact of serious illnesses including cancer, strokes and cardiovascular issues on sexual function and relationships.
The sessions are strictly confidential. You can contact me for an initial assessment consultation where we can get to know each other and where mutual suitability can be established. You can tell me a little more about the issue(s) you’d like to work and we can talk about the frequency and number of sessions you might need. Any other queries you might have can also be addressed at this consultation.
I have worked in the NHS and privately for more than 20 Years and I am accredited by the College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists (COSRT) and the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) .
Qualifications and registrations
- BSc in Psychology (Hons), University of Newcastle (1979)
- MSc in Cognitive Psychology, University of Newcastle (1980)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling, University of Portsmouth (1994)
- Post Graduate Diploma in psychosexual Therapy and Psychotherapy, University of Southampton / NHS (2002)
- Supervision for HIV Counsellors (2005)
- Intelligent Sex: transform your sex life and relationship, Keith News Publishing (June 2006)
Relevent work experience
- NHS Psychosexual Therapist and coordinator of psychosexual services, West Sussex 2000 – Current
- Relationship and sexual therapy for Holy Trinity Brompton to their marriage course. 2010 - Current
- Supervisor and clinical consultant Portsmouth Counselling Service 2008 - 2015
- Developing and delivering Diploma and Certificate courses in Counselling since 1996
- Offering psychosexual services to the oncology team across West Sussex NHS
Membership of Professional Bodies
- the College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists (COSRT)
- the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
- Sex counselling
- Psychosexual therapy
- Treatment of sexual and relationship issues
- ✓ Cancer counselling
- ✓ Counselling
- ✓ Couples counselling
- ✓ Family Therapy
- ✓ Psychotherapy
- ✓ Relationship Counselling
- ✓ Sex counselling
Areas of counselling I can help with
- £150 per session (50 minutes)
Concessions can be negotiated for those on a low income.
- ✓ 100+ Counsellors
- ✓ In the UK
- ✓ Face-to-face & Online
| Disclaimer | Reviews | Login | Privacy |