Ken Barker-Graham | Counselling - Relationship Counselling
|43 Hammerton Street - Office 9A Hammerton Chambers
BB11 1 LT Burnley
|Send a message|
✓ I also offer online therapy
Leave a message and I will contact you as soon as possible.
Hi I am Ken, counsellor in Burnley.
Life at times can be challenging and when we are not feeling ourselves, everyday issues and stresses can easily become unmanageable. We all need support at some point in our lives and I am here to support you when you feel ready to ask for help.
I have been a counsellor since 2016. As a counsellor I work in an Integrative Person Centred way which means you are the focus of our time together. I will work alongside you, assisting you to explore the issues of main concern.
With extensive experience of supporting clients through Bereavement and Suicide, I understand the complexities of loss and change when someone loses a loved one. Understanding, often it can be hard imagining a future without them. Working together, I will support you to a state of acceptance of your 'new normal'.
Experience supporting members of the LGBTQI community - whether the issues were associated to their status or not, I understand the different pronouns, identities, terminology and subsections that people associate with and the fears and worries that they may have.
I also support clients presenting with many varied different issues and concerns.
I have many years experience of working with individuals with learning disabilities, their families and carers.
A safe environment
A safe environment in a quiet office building in Burnley.
Long term and short term therapy. Integrating different counselling techniques when needed.
Late night opening every Wednesday and also Saturday Mornings (I can be flexible on other days too with prior arrangement)
In exceptional circumstances, I can also visit you in a safe environment away from my office (for an increased cost)
- Experience as a bereavement counsellor at two local hospices. Working with family and friends of the deceased and with patience with life limiting illnesses
- Experience as a Children's Counsellor supporting teenagers with their many and varied issues, using creativity to help support our relationship.
- Time spent supporting LGBT clients.
- Co-facilitated a Survivors of Bereavement by Suicide support group helping individuals explore feelings and thoughts about the suicide of a loved one, helping them realise that they are 'not alone' and that they may have questions they never have answers to.
- Plus previously I spent 5 years as a listening volunteer with Samaritans Blackburn
I offer remote counselling via Zoom, Duo, Teams or Skype at £10 off my usual rates.
Statement concerning the coronavirus pandemic
I will be returning to Face to Face counselling from September - the building has undergone extensive cleaning and for each session we will ask you to wear a mask entering and leaving the building (in the session it is optional). The chairs and door handles are sanitised between each session and hand sanitiser is available in the room. Chairs are positioned over the required 2 metres away.
To prevent the spread of covid I will ask you to bring your own pen to the sessions and any drinks of your own.
Qualifications and registrations
- Couples Counselling (2020)
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Counselling with Brief Interventions (2017)
- Foundation Degree in Counselling with Brief Interventions (2016)
- CPCAB Level 4 Certificate In Working Therapeutically with Children (2019)
- ABC Level 3 Counselling Skills
- ABC Level 2 Counselling Concepts
- NVQ 3 Promoting Independence of Adults with Disabilities.
- British Sign Language Level 2
- Drug Awareness Studies and their Applications
- Mental Health Awareness
- Emergency First Aid at Work
I have an extensive list of continued professional development courses including:
- (Affordable CPD) Sudden and Traumatic Death
- (PODS) Working with Shame
- (Affordable CPD) Sex, Intimacy and Pornography
- (Affordable CPD) Counselling Gender Variations
- (Mind Matters) Stress Control
- (PODS) Dealing with Distress: Working with Self Harm & Suicide
- (PODS) Child Sexual Abuse: Hope for Healing
- (PODS) Working with DID in Clinical Practice
- (BACP) Working Effectively with Trauma in a Healthcare Setting
- (Place2Be) Safeguarding Children
- (BACP) Certificate of Proficiency
- (KAS Counselling) Introduction to Working with Sexual Diversities
- (Accord) Attachment Workshop
- (SOBS) Survivors of Bereavement by Suicide-Group Management Training
- (CNW) Working Therapeutically with Eating Disorders
- (PODS) Trauma and the Body
- (PODS) Disassociation and DID: The Fundamentals
- (PODS) Working with Relational Trauma
- (PODS) Trauma, Disassociation & Recovery
- (PH) Bereavement Awareness
Online Continued Professional Development:
- (Place2Be) Working with Children with SLCN
- (Place2Be) Working with Children with Special Educational Needs
- (Healthcare Training) Mental Capacity Act 2005
- (College of Policing) Channel General Awareness Module [Prevent]
- (HM Government) Awareness of Forced Marriage V2
- (IDAS) Domestic Abuse Basic Awareness
- (Safeguarding e-Academy) Protecting Children from Sexual Exploitation
Areas of counselling I can help with
- ✓ Addiction
- ✓ Adoption/Post-Adoption
- ✓ Anger management
- ✓ Anxiety
- ✓ Attachment disorder
- ✓ Being a perfectionist
- ✓ Being assertive
- ✓ Bereavement, grief, loss
- ✓ Bullying
- ✓ Burnout
- ✓ Communication
- ✓ Self confidence
- ✓ Depression
- ✓ Family problems
- ✓ Fear
- ✓ Feeling lonely
- ✓ Feeling sad
- ✓ Hoarding
- ✓ Hyperventilation
- ✓ Insecurity
- ✓ Jealousy
- ✓ LGBT-issues
- ✓ Low self esteem
- ✓ Obsessive compulsive disorder
- ✓ Panic attack
- ✓ Panic disorder
- ✓ Performance anxiety
- ✓ Phobia
- ✓ Redundancy
- ✓ Relationship issues
- ✓ Retirement
- ✓ Self-harm
- ✓ Sleep problems
- ✓ Social phobia
- ✓ Stress
- ✓ Trauma
- ✓ Workplace stress
- ✓ Worrying too much
- Couples £70
- General Client £40.00
- Unemployed, Students and Retired (Over 65) £30
- Police, Fire Ambulance and Nurses £30
- Student Counsellors Having counselling as part of their studies £25 *** ( Special offer for student counsellors: pay for 10 sessions upfront and pay for 9 - total £225)
Video Counselling £10 off the above rates
Availability (Opening hours)
|Monday||6pm-8pm (video only)|
|Tuesday||6pm-8pm (video only)|
|Saturday||7am-1pm - 2-4pm (Video only)|
- ✓ 100+ Counsellors
- ✓ In the UK
- ✓ Face-to-face & Online
| Disclaimer | Reviews | Login | Privacy |